During this time of mixed pandemic restrictions KirkWood offers some fresh resources for individual, family, and group nurturing.
Beginning September 19 and for the bulk of the 2021-2022 school year, we are engaging a Sunday morning learning program: “Follow Me: Biblical Practices for Faithful Living” with classes for all ages.
- Nursery is available during worship service, fellowship, and class times each Sunday.
- Children’s church program (GLORY Time) is available for ages 3 years old – 2ndgrade during the sermon.
- Children 3 years old – 5th grade have a fun and enriching Sunday school class following worship, using the “Follow Me” curriculum.
- Sign up for a weekly email of links and activities to coordinate with the worship and Sunday school experience by contacting the church office. Great for those not yet ready to return or now remote from us.
- Jeannine Scott – is our Children’s Ministry Coordinator
- Join KirkWood’s Youth Group (KYG) every Sunday evening for fun, education, development, and service.
- “Follow Me” curriculum used every week for grades 6th– 12th for learning and discussion that is faith building, applicable, and encouraging.
- Diane Elder – is our Youth Ministry Coordinator
- We are cautiously re-launching our in-person classes – providing wise space and ventilation.
- Sunday morning classes open to everyone at 8:30 (Rm 5) and 11:00 (Fellowship hall).
- “Follow Me: Biblical Practices for Faithful Living” All are invited to join anytime! Come grow with us. Stimulating, challenging, nourishing, and relationship-building.
- There are small study groups and prayer groups that are also meeting regularly, some in person and some via Zoom.
- Charlie Reece – Adult CE coordinator
Links for Christian education at home
- The Chosen, via free app for iPhone and Android – New multi-season TV series of refreshing dramatic presentation of scenes from the life of Jesus – highly recommended for everyone.
- “What are we opening? What COVID-19 and the Great Ends are teaching the church”
- Matthew 25: Dismantling Structural Racism — Definition, Theology, Scripture
- The PCUSA’s Affirmation of Creation: Presbyterian Church (USA) * | National Center for Science Education (ncse.ngo)
- Biologos: BioLogos – God’s Word. God’s World. – BioLogos
- The Bible Project, free bible study videos, podcasts and weekly study email: https://bibleproject.com/
- Read Scripture, an app for your phone or tablet with daily Bible reading, videos that introduce each book of the Bible, and other features, which will put you on track to read the Bible in a year: https://www.readscripture.org/