The Property and Facilities (P&F) committee is responsible for planning, budgeting and executing the general maintenance and improvements to the Church building, grounds and equipment. Our goal is to ensure KirkWood facilities and grounds reflect the active spirit and blessings God has placed at KirkWood and that we act as good stewards of His church.
Key functions include:
- Planning, budgeting, scheduling and executing preventative maintenance efforts
- Planning, budgeting and executing landscape maintenance and renovation
- Planning and budgeting for major and minor equipment replacement
- Oversight of custodial services
- Review of outside organizations’ use of the facilities
- Support to KirkWood events as coordinated with other committees
Recurring events in support of these functions include:
- Fall grounds clean up
- Spring grounds clean up
- Summer lawn mowing
Areas to Volunteer
P&F welcomes any and all KirkWoodians that would like to assist in our efforts to keep KirkWood shining! A great starting point to see and hear what is happening or being planned in P&F is to attend the monthly P&F meeting. It is a very open and collaborative group that welcomes anyone who wants to lend a hand.
Specific volunteer opportunities include:
- Attending monthly meetings on the 2nd Tuesday of the month at 7pm, (we meet in Room 8, on 2nd floor)
- Helping at Fall Clean up (normally 1st Saturday after Halloween)
- Helping at Spring clean up (normally the Saturday that is 2 weeks before Easter)
- Member of a lawn mowing team. Normally a 3-person team, (lawn tractor driver, push mower, edger/leaf blower), mowing every 9th week in a rotation with 9 other lawn mowing teams. This effort is nominally 1-2 hrs of effort per team.
- Response team member: A person available during normal weekday hours to respond to any variety of emergent or routine maintenance needs (minor plumbing, electrical, handyman type duties).